Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Scientific Way Of How I Make Catfish Bait.

  One of my favorite times of the year is upon us and a favorite fish to catch is catfish.  What I would like to share today with you is a way I sometimes prepare bait for catfish.  This is by no way the only way, and everywhere you go someone has there own special way and secrets to doing things.  This is one of my ways.


 Items you will need.
  1. Chicken Livers
  2. Chicken Gizzards
  3. 2 cans of Sardines in oil
  4. Garlic Powder
  5. Vacuum pump and a vacuum chamber
  This is really easy.
  1.  Mix all items together in the vacuum chamber

  2. Hook up machine and remove all the air you can.

    As the air is pumped out all the flavors will begin to infuse within each other for the makings of a catfish delight.  I will let this sit in the chamber for about 24 hours, every now and then shaking it around to stir it up.  As you do this you will be able to see bubbles rise in the chamber showing you the good stuff is getting all in.

    After 24 hours I will freeze half for another time and the other half will be place in another container that will sit outside in a safe place for
One or two days to stink up prior to using.
 
The gizzrds will hold up un the hook longer than just the liver but the oils from the liver and the sardines is what will help carry the scent and bring the fish to the bait.
This method has given me good luck in the past and i hope that you will find this will help you out and give you an idea for your own brew for a catfish magnet, until then tight lines and happy fishing.

4 comments:

  1. Thats some good tips there, I use to do somthin similar only id just leave it out in the TN sun on the back porch for 3-4 days, the package would swell up and do about the same thing as the vacuum. I always used chicken hearts cause I could get them for free from my mom's work at the butcher shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Spike. Ive also tried cheap hotdogs cut up and mixed with packs of cherry koolaid. Thats $3 worth of bait from the dollar store just mix it up in a bag. Those blues will eat it.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to see how it goes. I don't do well when targeting catfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be going Sunday. Others that are going with me have made there own bait as well. Will be interesting to see which does the best

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have liked my blog post and if you do feel free to leave me a comment and like my Facebook page for Team Nomad Fishing.